The Unity Sand Ceremony is a novel alternative for the popular “unity candle ceremony” incorporated into many of today’s weddings. The essence is to symbolize the union of “two into one”. This sand version is not only beautiful and interesting but also more appropriate for an outdoor setting. With the addition of fresh flowers, these distinctive vases will make an intriguing addition to a home’s decor.
1. The Groom will commence by pouring a portion of the black sand into the central glass vase.
2. The Bride will follow by pouring a portion of the white sand also into the central vase creating a layered effect.
3. To complete the ceremony, the Groom and Bride simultaneously pour the balance of their sand into the central container. To make this process a little easier, create a funnel using decorative paper. Personalize the funnel by including names, date or even poetry that holds a special meaning for the Bride and Groom. (The central vase can be engraved with the Bride and Groom’s monogram). The co-mingling of the colored sand represent the joining of the Bride and Groom.
Consult with your wedding officiate in order to customize the readings and sentiments that will accompany this ceremony.
4. Following the wedding, the two outside vases can be used to display fresh flowers while the central vase will remain a cherished keepsake of your wedding day.
THE FAMILY SAND CEREMONY
The Sand Unity Ceremony has become a very popular option. With the addition of coordinating Miniature Nesting Vases and contrasting colors of sand, now children can be invited to take part. The mixing of the various sand colors is a fitting way to symbolize the new Blended Family that will result from this union. Although there are no set guidelines for this ceremony, generally the sand is poured into the central vase in the following order:
4. Father & Mother together.
Readings and sentiments can be customized as desired.
Sands available in many colors:
Use extra fine decorative sand with our Unity Sand Ceremony or Family Sand Ceremony vases. This sand is also suitable for use in table centers, unique favor concepts such as “message in a bottle” or anything else that needs a little “flourish of sand”.
Unity Sand Ceremony set available in another style:
Click Here for more information regarding these Unity Sand Ceremony Sets.